Survey on the international freight transport – 2016
TRT has been commissioned by the Banca d’Italia (Italian Central Bank) to carry out a four-year survey on the international freight transport in order to:
- identify the unit costs of different transport modes for imports and exports;
- identify the components of ancillary costs;
- show in a matrix the abroad goods exchange;
- define the market share held by Italian actors in the maritime, air and rail transport sectors;
- estimate the turnover made by Italian ship-owners abroad.
This project follows similar surveys managed by TRT since 1998, whose results are used by Banca d’Italia to estimate the Balance of Payments for the corresponding years.