Drafting of the Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan of the city of Parma (Italy)
Following a public tender, TRT has been selected by the City of Parma for the drafting of the new SUMP.
The first step has led to the definition of the strategic guidelines of the Plan while, during 2016, the SUMP has been drafted in a pre-approval form.
The SUMP process has been developed through the following activities:
- reconstruction of the knowledge in the area of transport and mobility;
- analysis of its strengths and weaknesses;
- identification of targets that have been selected by policy makers, stakeholders and citizens (that have contributed through the on-line survey conducted in support to the SUMP);
- drafting of the SUMP guidelines that have been approved by the City Council (Sep. 2015);
- definition of the alternative SUMP scenarios (successively shared among policy makers, stakeholders and citizen representatives);
- technical, economic, environmental and social evaluation of the SUMP scenarios;
- identification of the best SUMP scenario.
The Plan has been officially approved by the City Council on 21st March 2017 and has undergone a SEA (Strategic environmental assessment).
For more information
- Documents available on comune.parma.it (only available in italian)
- “Parma’s SUMP: the first in Italy combined with a Strategic Environmental Assessment”. Case study published on Eltis Platform
Comune di Parma