Job profile for transport-energy economist
Milan, January 2022
TRT Trasporti e Territorio is an Italian transport consultancy specialised in economics, planning and modelling. The company provides consultancy services and carries out research activities in quantitative analysis, planning and economic evaluation of transport and land use policies. Founded in 1992, with premises in Milano and Brussels, TRT has gained a strong reputation in its professional and R&D activities supporting public and private decision makers. TRT staff includes experts in the fields of transport modelling, engineering and economics, urban and regional planning, statistics and operation research and is accustomed to working in multidisciplinary teams and international consortia.
Description of work
We aim to recruit a junior/intermediate Transport Modeller to join our team in the Milano office. The position will involve working as part of a multidisciplinary team in transport modelling projects, including EU scale models such as ASTRA and TRUST as well as urban and motorways transport models.
He/she will have the opportunity to work across a range of high-profile transport projects and will operate in an international environment in partnership with companies and universities of different EU countries. He or she will develop quantitative analysis, support the drafting and publication of reports, source and write scientific articles and contribute to communication, information and dissemination tasks within the projects.
It is a full time role with the possibility to have flexible working arrangements.
Skills and qualifications
Highly motivated individual with:
- Graduation in a related discipline such as engineering, statistics, informatics, mathematics;
- Theoretical knowledge and previous experience in transport modelling applications (design, implementation, input data elaboration, calibration and validation);
- Knowledge of PTV VISUM software package;
- Knowledge of System Dynamics modelling;
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Python);
- Analytical, numerical and problem solving attitude;
- Good verbal and written communication skills, e.g. minute taking, drafting reports and delivering presentations;
- Very good command of English (reading, writing and speaking);
- Knowledge of German is an advantage.
Please send your CV, motivation letter and references to email@example.com