Technical assistance within the interreg smisto project on the development of integrated mobility Tessin-Lombardy in the definition of the integrated fare system
The SMISTO project is part of the Interreg Italy-Switzerland program Axis n°3: Integrated and Sustainable Mobility.
The aim of the project is to increase the quality of cross-border mobility by introducing more environmentally and economically sustainable transport solutions.
The geographical context is characterized by a limited number of cross-border corridors that cause congestion, the lengthening of travel times causing a decrease of air quality.
The SMISTO project, approved by the Managing Authority of the Interreg VA Italy-Switzerland 2014 cooperation program, counted on six project partners: Lombardy Region – Infrastructure and Mobility Directorate was the Italian leader, while the Canton Ticino – Department of the Territory was the Swiss leader.
TRT carried out the activities related to the definition of the integrated fare system of the cross-border services, and in particular:
- the identification of new pricing methods for cross-border services;
- the identification of different tickets types, fares, and cross-border fare system;
- the definition of the term and conditions of the cross-border services;
- the definition, simulations of the economic and financial impacts of the new cross-border fares;
- the finalization of the agreement concerning the clearing of the revenues;
- the definition of the agreement between the transport services providers and Public Authorities.
2019 – 2020