Statistical sample survey on the international freight transport
TRT has been again commissioned by the Banca d’Italia (Italian Central Bank) to carry out a four-year survey on the international freight transport, in order to:
- identify the unit costs of different transport modes for imports and exports;
- identify the components of ancillary costs;
- show in a matrix the abroad goods exchange;
- define the market share held by Italian actors in the maritime, air and rail transport sectors;
- estimate the turnover made by Italian ship-owners abroad.
The surveys and analyzes carried out are used by the Banca d’Italia to estimate the Balance of Payments in Italy.
As part of a consolidated partnership of more than twenty years, the activity constitutes the continuation of similar investigations conducted by TRT for Banca d’Italia since 1998.
For more information (only available in italian)
- Survey on International Merchandise Transport 2020, June 2021. Link
- Survey on International Merchandise Transport 2019, June 2020. Link
- Survey on International Merchandise Transport 2018, June 2019. Link
- Survey on International Merchandise Transport 2017, June 2018. Link
- Survey on International Merchandise Transport 2016, July 2017. Link
- Italy’s international freight transport 2015, October 2016. Link
- The survey on the costs of international freight transport in Italy, September 2014. Link