We are hiring!
Milan, August 2023
Job profile: sustainable urban mobility policy analyst
We aim to recruit a senior/intermediate consultant with expertise in sustainable urban mobility policies to reinforce our specialised and dynamic team in the Milano office.
TRT Trasporti e Territorio is an Italian consultancy specialised in economics, planning and modelling of transport and mobility. The company provides consultancy services and carries out research activities in quantitative analysis, planning and economic evaluation of transport and land use policies. Founded in 1992, with premises in Milano and Brussels, TRT has gained a strong reputation in its professional and R&D activities supporting public and private decision makers. TRT staff includes experts in the fields of transport modelling, engineering, economics, urban and regional planning, statistics and operation research and is accustomed to working in multidisciplinary teams and international consortia.
In Italy TRT clients include the different levels of the Public Administration (from Ministries, regions and, municipalities) as well as transport services operators and real estate investors. In Europe and in extra-European countries, TRT carries out consultancy and research activities for the European Commission, the European Parliament and for financial institutions such as the World Bank and the European Investment Bank.
Description of work
The senior/intermediate consultant will have the opportunity to work across a range of high-profile transport projects and will operate in an international environment in partnership with companies and universities of different EU countries. He/she will lead specific project tasks and projects, develop quantitative analysis, coordinate/support the drafting and publication of reports, source and write scientific articles and contribute to communication, information and dissemination tasks within the projects.
This is a full-time role with the possibility to have flexible working arrangements.
Skills and qualifications
- Master degree or PhD in Economics, Engineering, Planning or equivalent
- Solid theoretical knowledge and/or previous work experience in sustainable urban transport policies and economics studies
- Familiarity with quantitative methods
- Interest in studying and exploring innovative topics
- Problem solving attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (minute taking, drafting reports and delivering presentations)
- A very good command of English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Experience with team coordination is an advantage
- Knowledge of European Commission sustainable transport policy is an advantage
- Knowledge of Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans methodology is an advantage
- Knowledge of basic principle of transport economics is an advantage
Please send your CV, motivation letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org