Job vacation: Macro-Economist
TRT Trasporti e Territorio is an independent consultancy specialized in transport economics, planning and modelling. Established in 1992, the Company has earned a solid international reputation in supporting public and private actors thanks to its professional and R&D activities in the fields of transport projects appraisal and policy assessment.
Description of work:
The Macro-Economist position will involve working as part of a multidisciplinary team in integrated assessment of economic impacts of transport policy and transport investments. The transport sector is highly correlated with the economy, energy and social systems and is influenced by factors like technology innovation, market development, trade and social patterns; the area of work of the candidate Macro-Economist will be focused on the analysis of the links between macro-economic and transport sectors. The candidate will need to have attitude for quantitative methods and will be part of the development team of the ASTRA strategic System Dynamics model of the EU (http://www.astra-model.eu/).
The candidate Macro-Economist will work in research projects and consultancy services and will operate in an international environment in partnership with companies and universities of different EU countries. He or she will develop quantitative analysis, support the drafting and publication of reports, source and write scientific articles and contribute to communication, information and dissemination tasks within the projects.
Skills and qualifications:
We are seeking a highly motivated graduate with:
- Degree in a related discipline such as economics, engineering, statistics, mathematics
- Knowledge of modelling applied to macroeconomics
- Attitude towards quantitative analysis and problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, e.g. minute taking, drafting reports and delivering presentations to audiences at a variety of levels
- Good command of English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Readiness for travel.
- Knowledge of economic evaluation techniques applied to the transport sector is an advantage
- 2 to 5 years of experience in consultancy or academia is an advantage
- Knowledge of transport economics is an advantage
- Knowledge of System Dynamics is an advantage
- Knowledge of German is an advantage
Please send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org