Job profile: Urban Transport Modeller
TRT Trasporti e Territorio is an independent consultancy specialized in transport economics, planning and modelling. Established in 1992, the Company has earned a solid international reputation in supporting public and private actors thanks to its professional and R&D activities in the fields of transport projects appraisal and policy assessment.
Description of work:
We look for an intermediate/senior Urban Transport Modeller to join our team in the Milan office. The position will involve working as part of a multidisciplinary team in urban transport modelling projects, which would imply the development of macro and micro simulation models for passenger movements and freight distribution in urban areas.
The candidate Urban Transport Modeller will work in research projects and consultancy services and will operate in an international environment also in partnership with companies and universities of different EU countries. He or she will develop quantitative analysis, support the drafting and publication of reports, prepare and present scientific articles and contribute to communication and dissemination tasks within the projects.
Skills and qualifications:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with:
- Graduate in a related discipline such as engineering, statistics, informatics, mathematics, planning.
- Theoretical knowledge and previous practical experience of urban transport modelling applications (design, implementation, input data elaboration, calibration and validation)
- Analytical, numerical and problem solving attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, e.g. minute taking, drafting reports and delivering presentations to audiences at a variety of levels.
- A very good command of English (reading, writing and speaking).
- Knowledge of major software packages (VISUM, AIMSUN, etc.).
- Knowledge of programming in software languages (especially Python) is an advantage.
Please send your CV at email@example.com