Job profile: Transport Modeller
TRT Trasporti e Territorio is an independent consultancy specialized in transport economics, planning and modelling. Established in 1992, the Company has earned a solid international reputation in supporting public and private actors thanks to its professional and R&D activities in the fields of transport projects appraisal and policy assessment.
Description of work:
We look for a junior/intermediate Transport Modeller to join our team in the Milan office. The position will involve working as part of a multidisciplinary team in transport modelling projects, including urban studies and the TRIMODE transport model of the EU (http://www.trt.it/en/PROGETTI/trimode_project/).
The candidate Transport Modeller will work in research projects and consultancy services and will operate in an international environment also in partnership with companies and universities of different EU countries. He or she will develop quantitative analysis, support the drafting and publication of reports, prepare and present scientific articles and contribute to communication and dissemination tasks within the projects.
Skills and qualifications:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with:
- Graduate in a related discipline such as engineering, statistics, informatics, mathematics, planning.
- Theoretical knowledge and previous practical experience of transport modelling applications (design, implementation, input data elaboration, calibration and validation)
- Analytical, numerical and problem solving attitude.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, e.g. minute taking, drafting reports and delivering presentations.
- Very good command of English (reading, writing and speaking).
- Knowledge of agent-based modelling is an advantage.
- Knowledge of PTV VISUM software package is an advantage.
- Knowledge of programming in software languages (especially Python) is an advantage.
Please send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org