Job opportunity – Transport Modeller
Job profile: Transport Modeller
Organisation: TRT Trasporti e Territorio is an independent consultancy specialized in transport economics, planning and modelling. Established in 1992, the Company has earned a solid international reputation in supporting public and private actors thanks to its professional and R&D activities in the fields of transport projects appraisal and policy assessment.
Description of work:
We have opened a position looking for an intermediate/senior Transport Modeller to join our team in the Milan office. The position will involve working as part of a multidisciplinary team in transport modelling projects, which would imply network based models as well as in strategic models for passenger and freight transport at different scales, from EU level to local applications in urban areas.
The candidate Transport Modeller will work in research projects and consultancy services and will operate in an international environment in partnership with companies and universities of different EU countries. He or she will develop quantitative analysis, support the drafting and publication of reports, source and write scientific articles and contribute to communication, information and dissemination tasks within the projects.
Skills and qualifications:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with:
- Graduate in a related discipline such as engineering, statistics, informatics, mathematics, planning.
- Theoretical knowledge and previous practical experience of transport modelling applications (design, implementation, input data elaboration, calibration and validation)
- Analytical, numerical and problem solving attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, e.g. minute taking, drafting reports and delivering presentations to audiences at a variety of levels.
- A very good command of English (reading, writing and speaking).
- Readiness for travel.
- Knowledge of VISUM software is an advantage.
- Knowledge of programming in software languages (especially Python) is an advantage.
- Experience with team coordination is an advantage
- Knowledge of German is an advantage.
Please send your CV at email@example.com