Sustainable Urban Mobility Indicators (SUMI) Project for the European Commission, DG MOVE
The SUMI project, lasting 24 months, provides technical support for the identification and the collection of a set of sustainable urban mobility indicators in 50 European large and small urban areas.
Main project activities are related to:
· providing rigorous and consistent methodologies for acquisition, harmonisation and analysis of data; this includes the definition of a “mentor” for each indicator, i.e. a reference expert capable to sort out all related technical issues;
· giving technical support to the urban areas and systematically collect their hands-on experiences; appointed “urban area coaches” have the responsibility to establish direct links between the project consortium and the urban areas and help city administrations to gather the needed data;
· carrying on consultation, capacity building and dissemination actions addressed to subjects both inside and outside of the project;
· preparing realistic, harmonised and sound recommendations for further improvement and extension of the indicator system.
TRT is a key partner of the project with direct responsibility in the coordination of data acquisition and technical assistance to the local experts being “mentor” for four different mobility indicators. In addition, TRT experts are “urban area coaches” for cities in Italy, Spain, France and Malta.
Beside TRT Trasporti e Territorio, other consortium partners are:
· Rupprecht Consult GmbH (Germany) – Coordinator
· Transport & Mobility Leuven (Belgium)
· Polis (Belgium)
· Eurocities (Belgium)
· UITP – Associazione Internazionale del Trasporto Pubblico (Belgium)