Job profile: Transport/Energy Economist
TRT Trasporti e Territorio is an Italian transport consultancy specialised in economics, planning and modelling. The company provides services and carrying out research activities in quantitative analysis, planning and economic evaluation of transport and land use policies. Founded in 1992, with premises in Milano and Brussels, TRT has gained a strong reputation in its professional and R&D activities supporting public and private decision makers. TRT professional staff includes experts in the fields of transport modelling, engineering and economics, urban and regional planning, statistics and operation research and is accustomed to working in multidisciplinary teams and international consortia.
Description of work:
We aim to recruit one intermediate/junior consultant with knowledge in transport and energy economics and understanding of European transport and energy policies to join our team in the Milano office. The candidate would have experience in qualitative and quantitative research and/or evaluation methods. He/she will join our multidisciplinary research and policy team and will operate in an international environment in partnership with companies and universities of different EU countries. He or she will develop quantitative analysis, support the drafting and publication of reports, source and write scientific articles and contribute to communication, information and dissemination tasks within the projects. This is a full time role.
Skills and qualifications:
Highly motivated individual with:
- Graduation in a related discipline such as energy, economics, engineering.
- Theoretical knowledge and previous work experience in transport policy, energy policy and/or economics studies.
- Knowledge of European Commission transport and energy policy.
- Familiarity with quantitative methods.
- Problem solving attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, e.g. minute taking, drafting reports and delivering presentations to audiences at a variety of levels.
- A very good command of English (reading, writing and speaking).
- Readiness for travel.
- Knowledge of German is an advantage.
Please send your CV, motivation letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Milan, February 2021