Job profile: Transport Economist
Organisation: TRT Trasporti e Territorio is an independent consultancy specialized in transport economics, planning and modelling. Established in 1992, the Company has earned a solid international reputation in supporting public and private actors thanks to its professional and R&D activities in the fields of transport projects appraisal and policy assessment.
Description of work:
The position will involve working as part of a multidisciplinary team in integrated assessment of transport policy and transport investments. The integrated assessment would include the use of the ASTRA strategic System Dynamics model at the European level (http://www.astra-model.eu/). The candidate Transport Economist will work in research projects and consultancy services and will operate in an international environment in partnership with companies and universities of different EU countries. He or she will develop quantitative analysis, support the drafting and publication of reports, source and write scientific articles and contribute to communication, information and dissemination tasks within the projects.
Skills and qualifications:
We are seeking a highly motivated graduate with:
- Degree in a related discipline such as economics, engineering, statistics, mathematics.
- Knowledge of modelling applied to macroeconomics
- Knowledge of economic evaluation techniques
- Attitude towards quantitative analysis and problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, e.g. minute taking, drafting reports and delivering presentations to audiences at a variety of levels.
- A very good command of English (reading, writing and speaking).
- Readiness for travel.
- Knowledge of transport economics is an advantage.
- Knowledge of System Dynamics and especially VENSIM software is an advantage.
- Knowledge of German is an advantage.
Please send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org