Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan (SUMP) of Martina Franca
The Municipality of Martina Franca has entrusted TRT Trasporti e Territorio with the drafting of the Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan (SUMP).
The Municipal Administration of Martina Franca, with its 49,000 residents, has shown particular interest to the issue of sustainable mobility and has decided to undertake the process of adopting a SUMP despite the fact that, according the the Italian Ministry of Transport guidelines (Decree 4 August 2017), they are compulsory only for municipalities with a population greater than 100,000 inhabitants.
Launched in November 2018, the drafting provides:
- The setting up of data and documents relating to initiatives and going-on projects developed by the Administration;
- The definition of objectives, strategies and targets;
- The selection of measures and the construction of alternative scenarios together with the identification of the main indicators for evaluation and monitoring;
- The qualitative-quantitative assessment of environmental, social and economic sustainability of the measures that will comprise the plan scenario, through the application of MOMOS strategic model (MOdello per la MObilità Sostenibile), a tool developed by TRT;
- Assistance in the phase of adoption and approval of the SUMP.
A crucial element of the Plan’s drafting process is the participatory process, which includes an online survey aimed at residents and city users. The survey has the purpose of characterizing the demand for mobility and knowing the needs of those who moves daily around the city.
Municipality of Martina Franca
2018 – on-going